Sunday, July 7, 2013

Iced Coffee (at the zoo)

There is something wonderful about a mid afternoon iced coffee on a summer day.  I had my first one of the season just a few weeks ago.  In order to start the iced coffee season, I have to feel the heat of the bright sun, I need to have my  flip flops on and my big sunglasses on top of my head or it just doesn't seem right.  It's as if I need to physically prepare for this summer treat.  Between you and I - nothing really compares to cold coffee while sucking up little sugar crystals through that extra large D&D straw.  (It only compares to finding the sugar from my Rice Krispies at that bottom of the bowl.)     It's like winning the coffee jackpot when you get a few sugar tidbits.

So while chaperoning my cub scout's class to the zoo, I decided to indulge.  Here is the thing.... my iced coffee lost it's appeal because of two simple things.  They don't allow covers on their cups or straws at the Dunkin Donuts kiosk at the zoo.  I guess it can harm the animals if somehow a cover or a straw landed in a animal area.  All fine and well but seriously it changed the whole summer iced coffee experience. Juggling a small group of children and  a large cup of coffee  is tough without a cover. Drinking it without a straw and missing out on the sugar tidbits, now that is just disappointing.  I usually don't want my ice coffee to end but on this day, I was gulping it down just to get it over with.

Lesson learned? Never drink an iced coffee at the zoo. I run on Dunkin just not at the zoo.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails