Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MONDAY LOVES

Monday love, loves, loves - Wednesday Style....
Okay, so I am a little late with my Monday Loves post.  Life is busy here.  I thought summer would slow our big family down but I guess I must come to terms with the fact that until all five have completed college we will just be BUSY. Our cub scout is only seven and our oldest is sixteen so yes, busy is a way of living here in our happy home. I'll take a nap in 2022 or so...


So my Monday Loves.... Sunflowers.  I love the country charm of the sunflower, the oversized wonder.  I planted some last year and found joy in watching that bloom grow and grow.  I was proud of my plants and nurtured them each day. The sunflower represents big love, and they are yellow, is there any other color that projects happiness more than yellow? 


Our area celebrates sunflowers in a special way.  Buttonwood Farms a local dairy farm in Griswold plants thousands and thousands of them and sells bouquets to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  Families stop by the now famous ice cream landmark to enjoy a cone (which are yummo!) and take photos in front of the field of dreams.  If you live in Connecticut you will want to add this summer event to your busy calendar.  The event runs from July 23-31st.  Help a great cause, see some beautiful blossoms, indulge in some sweet treats and breathe in the joy of your children all in one stop.  Does it get any better?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails