Thursday, April 12, 2012

Morning Routine

So I feel the need to start this post by telling you.... I love my kids, they are my world, my life, my joy.  I really do love them.  Now that being said, when a mom like me has a morning like today, it's easy to forget I have kids, wanted kids or love kids.  I got ready this morning with no children present.  Not my kids, not his kids, no one under the age of 18 in the house this morning.  Do you know what that means?  No fighting for the bathroom, no trying to wake up sleepy heads, no having to butter toast, scramble an egg or pop a pop tart.  I didn't have to yell or raise my voice, I didn't have to trip over a back pack or find lunch money.  Instead I leisurely watched the Today show, took a hot, long shower with smelly body wash, lingered over a cup of coffee and took the time to actually pay attention to applying my make up.  I used mousse, a hair dryer.  I remembered my medication and wore matching socks earrings and bra and panties.  Ahhhh. . . .  life is good when you can breathe before you start your workday.    After all that and I was still a few minutes late to the office but this time for good reason.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails