Monday, August 27, 2012

Last weekend of summer

This past weekend was unofficially our last weekend before the hustle and bustle of school, homework, earlier bed times, marching band, softball practice, CCD, art school, gymnastics and cub scouts... Whew....
I love summer, mostly because I hate winter and snow but more importantly because our day to day pressures are a bit lighter and brighter.  This past weekend was the perfect ending to our summer of fun.  We attended a family wedding and spent the night on an adventure in VT.  There are really no exciting stories to tell other than sometimes hanging low with your peeps can just make you appreciate life and love and all the important things.  

I need to take all that peaceful energy and store it like I store fat - unlike the extra pounds, I need the extra peace.  I've posted this peace quote before... It's my favorite.  
Our immediate family has traveled many miles this summer.  We've been together, we've been apart, the kids have seen things, been places and had a great time but really there is no place like home, when we are all together living this "koo-koo for cocoa puffs" life. It brings me peace to know our normal daily routine is only hours away. -- stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails