Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My cub scout cracks me up

My cub scout continues to amuse me each day, three things stand out over the past 24 hours....

1. We went to a wedding and out of the corner of my eye, I notice my boy dancing with a 4 year old.  I was SHOCKED.  It was so cute.  This little girl had stars in her eyes for my little cub scout and invited him to dance and then wouldn't let him sit down.  So much so that it was a little lesson for my 8 year old in being polite and kind to an interested woman..... a lesson that will be tested in the coming years.  I was whispering ideas to him.... "tell her you are going to take a break and have cake with your mom"  he looks to her and repeats the words.. she agrees and plops herself down at our table waiting and waiting for the his last bite.  She was a strong, persistent little one.  I think she's going to give her mom a run for her money!

2. While creating a slide show of wedding pictures my cub scout catches a glimpse of the computer screen and calls to his sis and eagerly points to a family picture saying "Oh that's my whole crazy bunch."  and he meant it!

3. Finally, we found a working pay phone. We have been on the hunt to show our kids for months and months.  They are always dead with no dial tone.  Well surprise, surprise, this one worked so we quickly called home and my charming cub scout greets his sister by singing "I am on a pay phone" by Maroon 5.  I almost peed my pants it was so hysterical.  Maybe you had to be there but it certainly was quick and witty and that is what worries me about this kid.... quick and witty.

Never a dull moment here at paper mom headquarters....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails