Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hungry?

What would your last meal be?
I listened to a clip on NPR with Nora Ephron.  She has a new book out and I can’t wait to read it!  In her interview she mentions playing the game “What would your last meal be?”  So hey favorite Paper Mom readers, let’s play…

Hmm, I would like a week’s worth of food for that last meal and I absolutely don’t want to do the dishes.  In addition, I would like to eat this meal on the prettiest plates with a tablescape that would make Martha drool.   Let’s start the feast with a glass of pinot grigio.  I would follow that up with a salad, a bed of greens, fresh strawberries, cucumbers, and chopped walnuts top that yum-mo salad off with a balsamic vinaigrette please. What’s next? Well stuffed mushrooms would make me happy, or maybe a slice of thin, dirty, sausage pizza, of course a crab meat manicotti or New England clam chowder works too!  Of course lobster (lazy man only) and garlic bread, lots of garlic bread would make me smile like a first grader on Halloween night.  A baked potato with sour cream and a sprinkle of crumbled bacon or maybe even an egg over easy with some buttery toast wouldn’t be the worst thing to digest… but ultimately my all time favorite would be my mom’s shrimp with squash and tomatoes over linguine that would be the meal to make me feel love and know that life is good.  Let’s add to that the biggest slice of carrot cake with some cream cheese frosting and stick a fork in me…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails