Friday, November 12, 2010

Winter Sucks!

I feel like I am waiting for a bus, waiting for the other shoe to drop.  WHY? Why do I have this feeling that something is about to happen and I am not sure if it is good or bad.  Hmmm, could it be my 40th birthday? The budget situation and will I have a job next year? The holidays and all the stress that comes with that?  my parents arrival? I am not sure.

It may simply be the arrival of winter….
I hate winter.  I hate winter.  Let me say that in a more creative way, I hate winter.
The thought of shorter days, cold nights and snow makes me want to vomit.  Sorry to be so crude but really… I hate winter.  We had an early dose this past week, nothing ugly just minor annoyances that delayed school for 90 minutes and made me wonder where the heck my sloppy weather shoes are.  I’ve been a New Englander all my life, my closest relatives live in the sunshine state.  Really, how did that happen?  I am the one who was supposed to move to warmer temperatures.  I’ve often said I only have a certain amount of winters left in me… I am at 12 now…. 12 more winters and then I will move.  My youngest will be 18 and headed to medical school, law school or honestly, what I have been plugging lately… dental school, those guys are making a killing off our family! 

You should see me in the winter… besides my grumbling, I dress like an Eskimo.  I rarely come into the house and take my coat off; I keep it on, start dinner and keep going.  I have a chill always and bedtime is joke.  I think the World’s Greatest Husband is really looking forward to the bedtime layers….

So here we go again, winter is fast approaching and I hate it.  I guess what I am really “waiting for” is for winter to be over.  I’ve become a real believer in Groundhog Day.  I’ll take some hope anywhere I can get it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails