Saturday, November 12, 2011

delightful day at Kringle Candle


The World’s Greatest Husband and I have a “special time” often we text or call when we take note of the clock ticking 11:11.  It’s a quick I love you that says… I am thinking of you and it means the world to me.  I simply cannot take note of 11:11 without thinking of “my guy”.  Many, many months ago we took note of the date 11/11/11 and decided it would be our special date day!

We shipped our children off to their other parents and we were on our road trip adventure! We decided to visit the flagship Yankee Candle store in Deerfield, Ma.  I must admit, my heart started to race as we approached exit 24.  I practically skipped into the store.  The World’s Greatest Husband was a good sport and smelled a few candles as we started to make our way through.  Ten minutes in… the store lost power.  We found a place to sit in the dark wait it out.  20 minutes later we were told to leave our merchandise and make our way to the exit.  A transformer down the road was on fire, it would be awhile.  I thought I might cry.

On our way to Yankee we saw a billboard for Kringle Candle.  Because my husband didn’t quite know what to do with me and my disappointment he suggested we check out the place on the billboard.  Readers, do you know Kringle Candle?  During the twenty minute drive I was convinced that it was going to be a road side stand that would never live up to the shopping experience I had just been forced to leave. 
To my delight, Kringle Candle is now my favorite shopping experience and I encourage you to go visit and experience it for yourself! 

Kringle Candle is a new candle company founded by the son of the Yankee Candle founder.  Let’s just say, those Kittredge men know their product, pay attention to details and make women like me, sing Tra La,La,La!  A  clean, bright, shopping complex complete with candle store, Christmas Barn, old fashioned toy store and The World’s Greatest Husband’s favorite, a chocolate shop was truly more than I could have ever imagined.  A beautiful new restaurant The Farm Table opened for lunch that very day! The entire property is sort of like Disney World for mom’s who love pretty things!

So what impressed me at Kringle Candle?  The list is long…… I love pretty, thoughtful things and the store displays were beautiful.   As a marketing junkie, I thought the store merchandising seriously made me want to move in.  In addition they do a fabulous job of telling their story and explaining their product line both through their employees, signage and publications.  As you know, I take note of customer care.  Kringle Candle has it down pat!  The staff was attentive and ready and willing to help, friendly and kind.
 
I must admit, I didn’t know about this company, which surprises me.  I am usually up on products like this.  I didn’t want to go crazy on candles because honestly, I didn’t know if I would be pleased with the product.   I am particular about my candles.  I should have simply trusted my gut as I shopped because………The product is fabulous and I should have known by the beautiful store and excellent service.  It’s simply top notch.

With our five kids and busy life, I am not sure when I will get back to visit but - seriously, it is a day trip worth having.  If you can’t jump in the car, visit the website to learn about Kringle Candle

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you had a nice day. You guys managed to turn something lousy (having to leave your favorite store) into an even better experience! Thanks for sharing your new find - I'll be checking it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails