Monday, May 16, 2011

Oprah Beautiful Goodbye



It's hard to believe our Oprah shows are down to the single digits.  I have thought about hosting an Oprah farewell season party.  If there is anybody on this planet that would host a toast in honor of Oprah, it would be me, right?  (Remember my vlog post inviting her to my 40th birthday?) Well, honestly, I am feeling so sad about her departure, I am not sure I can bring myself to celebrate with even my besties.  Over the past 25 years I've become a woman, wife, mom, and professional all while watching and learning from Oprah.  I feel her send off is very personal moment. I think the only person I could really savor the moment with is my mother and seeing she is in Florida and I am in Connecticut - I think we will just chat about it on the phone.  I am not ruling out a celebration in honor of  of all things "O"  but I think I will spend May 25th with my box of tissues, enjoying the moment, savoring my final Oprah minutes on my favorite comfy chair with a handful of salty pretzels and a glass of diet pepsi, just like I did after school with my mom for years and years -- oh so many years ago. On May 25th I'll be thinking of Gayle, Steadman, Oprah and Sheri with a loving and thankful heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails