Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pink for Pink Slips...

I feel like I am "waiting for a bus."  It may be my upcoming special fundraiser for work or my husbands pink slip....
Well I am being dramatic, sort of -- but the World's Greatest Husband text me this morning .. I am wearing my pink shirt for my pink slip.  Apparently the Governor who I have gushed support for and changed my profile picture on Facebook with -  may now be laying off 5,000 or so State workers.  I still stand by my original post that I am willing to support his shared sacrifice budget philosophy but honestly I am saying some serious Hail Mary's that this lay off doesn't impact my family in a serious dramatic way.    I am hopeful that the union negotiations will produce a reasonable package that most can live with. In the meantime, the World's Greatest Husband only has one pink shirt so if I take it to the cleaners... maybe the "pink" slip" won't come...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails