Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life is Fragile, Pray Hard

Life is fragile.

We all move at an incredible pace and then you learn of something that makes you stop and take note.

Someone dies, someone loses a job, someone is diagnosed with cancer.

Life is so darn hard on a a good day never mind those days when your heart aches and you have to find every ounce of energy just to get out of bed and face the day.

This week at church Father Tony spoke of  "prayer" you know that is one of my favorite topics.... I am so intrigued by how people pray, when they pray, why they pray.... my prayer obsession could be viewed as a little odd, if you lived inside my head.

I pray in my head all the time.  It's random, it's planned, it's thankful, sometimes it's quiet and sometimes it's loud.  Sometimes it is what gets me through the door at work, through an argument with tweens or to finally shut my brain off and sleep.  I have seen the power of prayer, felt it, needed it and depended on it.  I am a divorced woman, remember?

Hail Mary's when I fly on an airplane are a given.
Squeezing my lovers hand during the "Our Father" at church each Sunday, a necessity.
Naming my family members (it's like a race in my brain for me to say as many as I can)  before the church replies "Lord hear our prayer" is a little game that makes me giggle.

Prayer is powerful.  Like this blog, it's one of the only things I own, all mine, in heart, in my head and in my thoughts.

Life is fragile, pray for those who need support to face the day.  You never know who that might be on any given day....



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails