Monday, September 13, 2010

I've been sobbing for 3 days

I’ve been crying , sometimes sobbing over the past three days.  I am reading MOM A Celebration of Mothers from Storycorps.  It is a touching account of short discussions between friends and family regarding Moms.  

StoryCorps is an independent nonprofit whose mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives. Since 2003, StoryCorps has collected and archived more than 30,000 interviews from more than 60,000 participants. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind. 

This book has touched me in amazing ways.  It has made me proud to be a mom, it has made me want to be a better mom and most of all it has made me feel a new found respect for the role mothers hold in families across America.  I am amazed  by the power, strength and impact that motherhood can have.    The one sentiment that keeps emerging as I read is… to always reach out.   In reaching out to others, being respectful and kind, we may touch someone in ways we can’t imagine.  Our words and actions are powerful.   This is a beautiful book and if you need a good cry? Run out and get your copy now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails