Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year- it's 2012.  Did you know this is going to be my lucky year?  I am not sure exactly in what way and I am sure I will have to give myself constant reminders but today, I feel lucky. Mostly because I just woofed down a KFC pot pie.  Yep, my year of no fast food has come to a close.  It's a new year with new thoughts, hopes and wishes.  This year I will make an occasional fast food stop.

This year I am not entirely sure what I am giving up but I know what I am saving..... my change.
I am going to save my change in a jar for a whole year and see what cha-ching happens on January 1, 2013.
and I am also vowing to enter all those customer survey contests for gift cards that are printed on the back of my retail receipts.  Hopefully my lucky duck feelings will ring true and I will win.

I'll post more on dreams and new year wishes over the next week but I wanted to share our new years experience from last night.....  Let's see, if I had to sum up the evening in one word? I guess I would go with YUMMO- Is that a word?  Well it is if you visit Buon Appetito in North Stonington.  The World's Greatest Husband and I found ourselves with not one of our five children on New Year's Eve (the first one we've celebrated alone in five years) and decided to ring in the New Year with dinner and a movie.  Buon Appetito has been on my "must visit" list since they opened last February and I would have to say, I hope to visit again before THIS February.  It was delicious.  It was on my pizza tour list but we didn't go with pizza for the glitz and glamour of New Years.  Instead we had their tasting menu. The first course was Arugula Salad with shaved fennel, goat cheese, toasted walnuts and my fave- balsamic vinaigrette.  2nd course: Truffle Ravioli with Sweet Sausage, Lentils, Spinach, Mushroom Cream (to die for) 3rd course: Surf 'n Turf - Grilled Strip Loin, Shrimp Scampi, Rosemary Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Sauteed French Beans and finally Fallen Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Gelato and Whipped Cream. It was delightful.  Our waitress was right on the mark - She was attentive, assertive and kind all in one.  The owner, stopped over and made sure everything was to our liking with more than one go around and offered me a coffee on the house.  So the experience exceeded my expectations - you know I am all about the customer service and Buon Appetito does it right.  The food? excellent and yes, the World's Greatest Husband agrees with me on that one 100%.  But the real joy of the evening was the ambiance.  The place is gorgeous.  They have worked hard to make a pretty, comfortable, welcoming dining room.  Again, I am a sucker for all things stylish and warm and again Buon Appetito does it with class.   I am thinking this place has World's Greatest Husbands 50th Birthday Party written all over it.  Visit their website and see the beautiful dining room and menu.

From one wonderful experience we went on to one intense experience.  The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.  A long movie that had my attention, it was well done and now I must read the book.

Home by 10:30 ready to watch the ball drop on our new television with champagne.  A perfect ending and beginning to a new year.

Much love, health and happiness to you in 2012




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails