Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baking is all about precise measurement

Well the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.  I have passed down my baking talents to my daughter.  It warms my heart.  Yesterday she begged me to make cupcakes with my new mini cupcake pan.  I agreed but made it clear that she was in charge and needed to read the recipe from start to finish.  When it was time to “add water” she proudly announced “add water” and proceeded to march the bowl over to the faucet to add ¼ cup directly from the spigot.  I of course screamed whoa, whoa, whoa and stopped her and asked that she get down the measuring cup instead.   She had no clue, she was simply ready to add water.  Yes, my mother passed the baking gene on to me and now I have passed it on to my little girl.  Circle of Life, baby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails