Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Change

Busy, Busy, Busy.  My 18 hour work week has turned crazy full time as we count down to our major fundraising event on the 21st.  Posts may be slim until then – forgive me.

Last night I spent time at a fundraiser and heard author Lauren Webber speak about her book, In Cheap We Trust.  She was a delight!  I look forward to picking up her book.  She shared stories of her father being frugal (he would only keep the heat at 50 degrees and uses his car brakes creatively to save on having to replace brake pads).  He was present and provided some fun loving comments after Lauren’s presentation.  If you have time, check out her website, grab the book or visit the library.

As always, I love hearing the story of people, especially grown women who have done it all!   I am always amazed by the paths our little lives weave.  I sat next to some amazing women at this event.  I love hearing about their grown children, how they managed careers and how they spend their time now.  What becomes clear each day is…. paths change.  I’ve always prided myself on being open to change, embracing change.  As I get older, I fear change more and more yet I realize it is the one constant in our life.  As I contemplate my entrepreneurial spirit, career changes, the possibility of another degree and continuously balancing our family and five kids, I realize I must find some serious strength to know that change is ok; fear of change is what I should be worrying about.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails