Monday, May 10, 2010

Here is what I believe in....

I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day.  Now it's back to reality, but isn't it nice to be allowed to take an official break for one day? 

So, Happy Monday! I wanted to share some simple things I believe in:

I believe knowledge is power.  When you know better, you do better.

I believe in the power of love. The World’s Greatest Husband and I share a bond that makes me feel like together we can take on anything.  Certainly there are serious things that would be a big challenge, I am not talking like a hot shot here, but I do feel that his love strengthens me and together with an open heart we could get through many things.

I believe in God and going to church.  I like to give myself dedicated time to give thanks, regroup and recharge.    My prayer of choice is Hail Mary.  She usually floats through my head several times a day.  When my brain is full, I am feeling weak or I am a little out of control, I repeat until a peaceful heart wins out.

I believe in telling the truth:  While commuting to work, I used to pass a billboard that said -  Tell the truth – you’ll never have to remember what you said.  The truth is the best option. 

I believe in Karama – What goes around, comes around.  I try to always be a good person.  Our attitude makes the difference in most situations.

I believe in being prepared when entertaining:  I like to have 90% party ready and waiting when guests arrive.  When I was dating my husband he hosted a few events where dishes, floors and bathrooms were being cleaned and prepared as the guests arrived.  This made me lose sleep.  Of course at that point in our relationship, I was a guest.  It confirmed my need to prepare well ahead of time when hosting a gathering.  He tells me he hosted parties with moving boxes in the living room when he first divorced. GASP!  I can’t even think about it….

I believe that when the kids spend the day swimming in the pool I am off the hook for our regular shower routine.

I believe that a little creativity goes a long way in feeding my soul.

I believe in reading good night stories to our kids.  It is a challenge when each kid gets his or her own book!  We read every night… We meet in our bedroom, ½ of us pile on the bed, the other ½ on the couch and everyone listens.  My mom would swear that this little routine is the thing that has made her granddaughter so bright. 

I believe in paper plates, vegging out in front the TV and letting the kids pick up their dirty laundry and towels off the bathroom floor because it builds character.

What do you believe in?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails