Monday, May 24, 2010

I am back!

Dear Bloggy Friends,

 I am BACK!  I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted.  My special event has come and gone and I am back to being me… Paper Mom!  Yahoo, Yippee!

I promise to blog everyday this week, I’ve missed you! I’ve missed writing.  I could tell you one hundred and one stories from the past week, the event, my family and my life… We have so much to talk about.

Let’s start here.  I met author - Sarah Strohmeyer.  I think if she lived closer to me, we would be friends.  She was a delight.  I was so thrilled to get to know her and spend time with her.  She was our keynote speaker for our Friday night fundraiser, funny, informative, warm and spirited.  The World's Greatest Husband and I both enjoyed visiting with her; I think I will add her to the family Christmas card list.  She knows her stuff… I love how she spoke of writing as a job… commercial fiction.   In addition to enjoying her creative outlet; she is focused on paying college tuition and is not a literary snobby gal who simply writes to write.  Her flair for writing as a business, a job, came out and you know how I love women entrepreneurship!  But beyond that, she was a wonderful story teller.  I loved all her little snippets of life as a woman making her way in our world.  She struggles with mommy stuff and professional stuff, like we all do.  She told a funny story of having a conference call with Mr. Big, a movie executive and having to shuffle bowling with the girl scouts to do so.  If you are a paper mom reader, you know I love when a woman can tell her story so we all can be stronger…. That is how I felt on Saturday morning after she spoke to small group at our library…. I felt a bit stronger knowing as women, if we work hard all of our dreams are possible… that we can be good moms, good wives, and serious professionals making a difference in the lives of others.  Ok, maybe I am getting too deep – the bottom line…. The gal looked fabulous, has a kick ass career, juggled girl scouts, Mr. Big and seems to have a supportive husband and fun loving family too….  I can’t wait to read all of her books.  Check out her website at www.sarahstrohmeyer.com.

5 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I love that you met her and felt such a connection.....like you'd be friends if geography wasn't an issue.

Sarah Strohmeyer said...

Hey!

Don't let Paper Mom fool you! She's only being kind because she knew I'd be searching for her blog.

No, honestly. I had such a great time. It IS wonderful when you meet "strangers" and feel an instant connection and I think as women and mothers we've endured so many of the same trials, ups and downs, that we tend to reach out to one another. (Which is why we live longer.)

But this was better. This was immediate friendship.

If only you knitted. Sigh.

I want to move to Norwich and hang out with all of you. I already miss Bob and his dry sense of humor.

Cheers...

Sarah

PS And your husband is, like, Mr. Wonderful.

Just Lisa said...

I love that the writer commented! The two of you are well on your way to becoming bff's!

I came by to welcome your to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

Paper Mom said...

Happy to be welcomed by SITS - Thanks!

Sarah, pull up a chair, grab a coffee, let's chat. I hope you will bookmark paper mom and join in the love fest! When I told the World's Greatest Husband you commented on the blog... he asked if you mentioned him. Lucky for me, you did! Thanks for everything.

Paper Mom

Just One Week said...

Welcome back!! I feel the same way when I return to my blog after awhile!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails