Thursday, March 3, 2011

Puke March 2010 & Puke March 2011

Mama Kat’s recent writing prompt:
What were you writing about last year at this time and what has changed?
 I was intrigued so I took a glimpse back…. I was blogging about puke.  Do you remember the post where I thought I was going to die with multiple child vomiting? I will never forget that illness!  I mentioned that to my husband….”World’s Greatest Husband, do you remember last year’s puke fest?  Yep, should have never mentioned it because hours later I was up with my ten year old worshipping the porcelain goddess…together once again.   She puked every 20 minutes until about 3:30 am then every 40 minutes until 8:15 am.  We didn’t sleep.  At one point we were both fighting tears.    I have been fighting illness all week so with no sleep, I certainly have crossed over… sick, achy, tired, sore throat, cough and temperature and my doctor is off today and I have a grant due tomorrow.  My daughter is better, the vomit turned to a temperature and now she has perked up and ate lunch…. She’s on her way to school tomorrow. So, you can all relate to the fact that moms can’t get sick, it doesn’t work, it’s not allowed, it messes everything up.   So next time Mama Kat tells me to look back and see what I was blogging about, I may think twice for I believe I jinxed myself on this one…. Why couldn’t it have been a post about winning the lottery.  Nope, not much has changed around here....

3 comments:

amygrew said...

Oh no! It is a little funny that you looked back and had Deja vu....

It might take you a little time to see the humor in that though!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Visiting from Mama Kat's.

Bree said...

EWW! I so understand though! For the first 3 years of our marriage, my hubby did the same thing every April.
It is horrible.
Hope that everything goes back to "normal" soon!!!

Kate said...

Oooh...that sucks. Yeah, looking back sounds dangerous. It's like saying out loud, "Wow! I can't believe the baby hasn't woken up yet." or "Gee, Susie hasn't wet the bed in 2 weeks." You're just asking for it!

I hope everyone at your house is healthy again soon! Stopped by from Mama Kat's, and glad I did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails