Monday, July 12, 2010

Push Tabs -Did you know about these?

I am so excited.  I downloaded the Oprah app on my iphone and learned that I can listen to Gayle’s pod casts from O radio.  I love, love, LOVE Gayle King and have missed her since we decided not to renew our XM radio.  So last night while walking the track, I was in heaven listening to my girl Gayle.   My first comment to the World’s Greatest Husband, “I want to be like Gayle King” and I mean it… she is positive, clever, stylish, kind genuine and oh ya, Oprah’s BFF.  Because we are both divorced mom’s I feel the connection. I feel the love when she talks about her kids and relationships.  Oh I could go on and on… did I mention that when I was a teenager working at a local hallmark store, Gayle would visit on occasion.  Yeah, we are practically sisters.

I am off track here, let me re-group.

While listening to a segment on Gayle’s show, I learned about the book “The Book of Awesome” by Neil Pasricha.  It is a fun book written to remind us of the little things that make our lives sweet.  It is a total “living in the present” sort of book and guess what it has a blog to accompany it!  Check it out here 1000awesomethings.com.  I had many favorites…. You will too….  I liked number 774 – Those little tabs on the side of the tin foil box.  Ladies, I will be honest, in my 39 years on this beautiful earth, I had no clue.  I am not too proud to admit it.  I didn’t know there were tiny push in tabs at both ends to secure the roll of foil properly.  Since listening to Gayle and reading the blog…I have now pushed those little puppies in on every box in my home…. Just sayin…. Sometimes it is the little things that make you appreciate life.
Hope your day is full of push tabs that make you smile. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails