Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tents in the living room...


Last Friday I mentioned Martha’s book Good Things for Easy Entertaining.  I love this little treasure.  Check it out at your local library.  The book is my dream life.  I love pretty things, I love the staging of photographs, I love the “it’s a good things ideas.”  I’ve decided that someday I will live the beautiful life, the staged magazine life, where the sunroom that is now the playroom will be my little reading nook with feminine floral prints and pretty white furniture.  Someday I will live in a house where High School Musical posters will be replaced with real art, expensive art.  Someday I will live in a house where one of the kid’s bedrooms will become my little craft room/study similar to the whimsical look of Mary Englebreit’s studio.  Someday we won’t refer to the hall bathroom as the “kid’s bathroom.”   

Someday, someday, someday, my house will be my little museum, my little personal interior design project.   … With my big family we live far from perfect.  Right now I have two (yes I said two!) kids pop up tents set up in my living room.  I struggle with being “cool mom” who lets kids play in tents, and “Hey, PEOPLE, this isn’t a camp ground!”  The kids have had a ball playing in the tents, so for now- I can live with it.  I just hope after we raise our five children, after we mold them into contributing, kind citizens who have families of their own, we aren’t so poor and tired that we have to live in those tents!  I've attached a few photos to prove it isn't always a campground around here....  I hope your day sparkles...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails