Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer To Do

Every summer we take a piece of paper and brainstorm a list of fun things we would like to do during summer.  (This is inspired by Grammy and Grandpa who started the tradition when we visit beautiful Marco Island. ) Our summer list is posted on the frig and the kids find joy in crossing off or looking forward to the next adventure.  The list often has things like: Night swimming, smores on the patio, light sparklers, go to the outside hamburger joint.  It is a cute little activity that keeps some fun anticipation alive in our lives.  School ends in a few days so we will be developing our list this weekend.  In spirit of lists, accomplishing goals and having hot summer fun, I am making a personal list for my personal summer must do’s

Read three books.
shop alone, all day, with a pocket full of money
Swim at least 10 times – my kids are always quick to announce to visitors “she never goes in the pool”
Stay in my pajamas for an entire day!
Sew! I’ve had this on my list for years!
Cook lobsters (for the first time in my life)
Go to yard sales one Saturday morning.
Complete scrapbook for my beautiful niece.
Host a dinner party on the patio complete with with candles and flowers floating in the pool
Lose 5 more pounds.
Organize the office/craft nook (AGAIN!)
Go to Waterfire
A night away with the World’s Greatest Husband
Write in my Kids journal more often
Visit with girlfriends

Wish me luck!  The biggest accomplishment would really be….. breathe, relax, enjoy the warm breeze, be in the moment.  Hope your having a good day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails