Monday, June 14, 2010

Theme Song

Do you have a theme song for your life?  If the movie of your life was on the big screen what would the soundtrack be?  I never had a theme song until divorce.  Two songs were on the radio at that time that “spoke to me.”  Kelly Clarkson’s Break Away was the perfect tune for the changes that were going on - Make a wish, take a chance, make a change and break away.  I can remember driving to daycare with kids in tow, blasting this one and feeling like life is going to be ok – I’ll make it, we three will make it.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky.
Make a wish, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away.
Out of the darkness and into the sun.
But I won't forget all the ones that I love.
I'll take a risk, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away

Then there was my get ready for a date song, feeling sort of sexy song.  (are you laughing at me? stop it!)  Michael Buble’s “Feeling Good” has always done the trick.  I remember dancing to it with the World’s Greatest Husband in my living room when we were dating.  Maybe it was the glass of wine, but I do recall saying to my future husband (didn’t quite know that then) this song makes me want to strip.  Of course his response, “I love this song.” 

Have a GREAT Monday!

3 comments:

Paper Mom said...

I just watched the video and my stomach still gets wiggly when I hear this song... A New Dawn! A New Day! A New Life and I am feeling so good... and yes, my clothes are on - no stripping but seriously it is so cool that this song makes me want to stand up and shout! What's your theme song?

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

I think until my triplets are in school (in 80 days) my theme song is "crazy"!! I think Minnie Pinkerton sings it!!!

I will get back to you in the Fall with an updated song!

Claremont First Ward said...

I love this. I think picking a theme song for a time period is so cool. And revealing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails