Friday, August 27, 2010

Five for Friday

It's the last Friday of my two week furlough and that about sums up my Five for Friday.  It's nice to have a break of the regular routine... My August was a huge change between work and family.  Now I am eager to get back to work, back to school and back to craziness.  wish me luck.


Here are 4 other great things for my Five for Friday....

My beautiful sunflower is blooming.  My children received this little plant in a dixie cup from their grandparents and it has grown to be this huge wonderful flower.  I've had a little life lesson watching this happen.  It was a treat to experience the growth and strength of this plant.


A day with my two kids.  I've promised them some fun.  It's 8:19 and I still don't know what that really means.... The World's Greatest Husband has suggested kite flying.  As they just returned from Disney World, I am not sure that is what they have in mind.... but it could work.


I am back on the diet.  It's been a week.  I feel like I am making progress.  Last night I saved calories for an ice cream.  I ordered a friendz, checked the calories after the purchase (yea, dumb idea... always check before ordering...) and then proceeded to deposit the whole sucker in the garbage can.  Seriously, 860 calories?  that is a crime and although I wasted the $3 bucks, I felt very good knowing it was not worth the it!  By the way, I had 630 calories to spend on my treat....no-go-though....


Our high school freshman went to the swim team meeting last night.  Leaving her there was painful.  It was all new, she was uncomfortable, unsure and scared.  I was surprised how unsettled I felt for her. To my delight, picking her up was a joy, she was happy, inspired and ready to swim.  She mentioned the coach was really, really, really, really nice.  We will see about that when they have practiced for a few days and she is screaming "Do more laps!"


Peace out Puppy! (as the freshman likes to say)
Have a good weekend!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails