Sunday, August 1, 2010

My sister-in-law lives on a mountain.  As I type this post I am looking out the window at tree tops and more mountains in the distance. It is an amazing place (a tad too deep in the woods for a nearby Walmart.)  The kids are in their glory.  This home is paradise, complete with a pinball machine, ping pong table, playground,tether ball, miniature golf course, 18 hole frisbee golf course, feed the deer station, hiking trail, zip line, x-box and games galore! 


But the best thing...
There is a special rule, one that makes my heart sing...


Kids sleep upstairs in the loft and parents sleep downstairs.  Children aren't allowed to come downstairs to us in the morning. They watch cartoons, hang out and visit.  We see them when we decide to wake from a sound slumber.  A simple pleasure... but one that means a very big, big deal to me and the World's Greatest Husband.  I swear last year when we visited it was the only week I actually slept well for the whole year and I know it is the only week of the entire year that the World's Greatest Husband sleeps soundly.  So we are giddy with delight, able to face our day feeling a bit renewed because of a night of uninterrupted sleep and that my friends..... goes a long, long, long way.....
I think I may go nap now....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails