Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sit down for this one...

Is it wrong to think about sex in church? Last night I watched a taped episode of Oprah… the topic sexless marriages. So while in church this morning, thanking God for my life and my love, my thoughts drifted a bit.

The couples on Oprah hadn’t kissed in years. They hadn’t had sex in two and half years! Why is that? How does that happen? Can we guarantee that it won’t happen to us? I know relatively speaking I am a newlywed, I may not be the best person to comment here… but I was married for nearly ten years prior to my new happy place. And honestly, even though that marriage was riddled with issues and problems, sex wasn’t one of them. So here I am with my eyes wide open, hoping and praying my marriage never takes this turn. I’ve often described sex to my closest gal pals as… a little gift….

So the sex doctor on Oprah sent these couples on little fieldtrips and gave them homework. It all sounded fun to me. Have you heard of tantric yoga? Seemed powerful! Anyway, these two happy couples got their groove back and moved forward in happy sexy marriage. Their issues ran deep – past abuse, and finding it hard to let go of being mommy and instead being Victoria (Victoria Secret that is…)

Which if there is any issue, I would say AMEN to that one… keeping a marriage HOT and sizzling is not easy with all of our kids, our worries, our jobs, and our lives getting in the way…. Maybe that is where the “sex is a little gift” concept comes into play…. Something for me, for us, our time. As a mommy of five in a blended family world, I share everything about myself and my world with six other people (hahah and you my readers!). NOTHING is just mine… only ours…. I don’t know… I don’t want to dive too deep here, I just want to share that if we don’t give our marriages and ourselves a little fuel, a little time and attention, I think everything else may start to suffer. I pray to God I am never the person sitting on Oprah saying, I can’t kiss my husband it makes my skin crawl. Instead I want to crawl all over his skin!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

I totally agree with you. I saw that episode I think or one like it and it really made me pause as well. Geez can you imagine. I mean I get busy and all but I am NEVER too busy for that. haha! Great post!

Julie said...

All I can say is ..... WOW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails