Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank your girlfriends....

I have friends, many different people in my life that I connect with at different levels for different reasons… Friends… people I laugh with, complain to, share with and learn from.  Folks who make me think and smile. 

There is something special to be said for that FRIEND that simply knows you inside and out.  The one you met when you were still a kid, the one who you knows your history, your old boyfriends, your ol' CCSU bud, the one who knows your parents and your brother.  The one who came home with you in College, the one you drank with at Elmer’s when you were too young to do so legally.  The one you walked across the stage with at graduation, the one you shared your engagement with, wedding planning and at least one bridal shower with :) .   The one that was pregnant with you.  The one that held you up when your marriage was falling apart.  The one who threw you one hell of a divorce celebration and the one who let you gush when you fell in love as a grown woman.

I met my dear old Friend for a coffee tonight and the therapeutic afterglow is so worth the trip.  I find comfort that we can now say we’ve been friends for 21 years.  There is something comforting when you don’t have to explain who the players are.  When you can read each other’s expressions and finish each other’s sentences (even over the telephone).   We’ve laughed and cried with one another and for one another.  We have supported one another through college, marriage, birth, divorce, illness, death and raising children.

Hey Friend, I imagine you are reading this because as my dear old friend I think you are required by friendship law to be a daily blog reader…. I am grateful for your love and unconditional friendship and support.  Thank you, although we don’t see each other as often as we would like, you are a dear friend who I am lucky to have.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself, Friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails